Careers: Technical Editor
Weris Inc., a government-contracting firm in Sterling, VA, is looking to hire a fulltime, onsite Technical Editor with experience in substantive editing, rewriting, and synthesizing text. This position will report to the Publishing Manager and primarily fulfill responsibilities under a Federal contract supporting a grant-review process.
This role will consist of the following primary responsibilities:
- Review and analyze peer-reviewer comments per grant application.
- In Microsoft Word, create, write, format, and edit summary-statement documents, ensuring they are accurate, relevant, and well organized.
- Conduct quality-control (QC) edits on other Technical Editors’ summary statements in a cordial and professional manner.
- Incorporate QC feedback and requests for revisions.
- Use proper document management and ensure version control.
- Work under tight deadlines with quick turnarounds without compromising quality.
- Maintain confidentiality of all grant information in accordance with current and pertinent Federal regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Other responsibilities may include performing edits for various Weris documents and materials, including but not limited to proposals, technical reports, and marketing materials.
The right candidate for this job is a motivated self-starter able to follow direction, work collaboratively with a dynamic team, and complete assignments with limited supervision while consistently meeting goals and scheduled deadlines.
To fulfill this role as a Technical Editor, you must possess the following:
- United States citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communication, or a related field.
- 4 years of experience in technical editing, and preferably 2 years of experience in summary-statement writing for grant-review processes.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, including use of proper grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling.
- Proficiency using the GPO Style Manual and CMS.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and the proposal process is a plus.
Eligible candidates must confirm they have no actual or potential conflict of interest with respect to the Federal agency’s grant-review process. Candidates asked for in-person interviews will be required to complete an editing exam.
Weris, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package including Employer contributed medical insurance with plan options (available day 1 of employment), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, PTO, Employer matched 401(k) and a dedicated Brokerage Firm to assist with Weris service offerings.
Weris, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified Candidates submit resume to email@example.com and include “Technical Editor” in Subject line.