Careers: Proposal Writer
At Weris we are looking to strengthen our proposal team to ensure consistent growth in the Transportation industry. We are positioned for success and are hiring for a Full-Time Onsite Proposal Writer to respond to opportunities in the Federal marketplace.
In this role you will work with a dedicated team including a Business Developer and Proposal Coordinator and will be responsible for handling the following requirements:
- Identify and clarify opportunities and needs; study requests for proposal (RFPs); schedule and attend strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepare presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Marketing or Writing concentration preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience proposal writing for prime federal contracts
- Solid understanding of the government acquisition process and guidelines; strong market knowledge
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to proposal production
- Strategic thinking/analysis skills, problem-solving and deadline oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualified Candidates should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consider.
Weris, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Weris offers a complete benefits package including Employer Contributed Health Insurance, 401(K), PTO and Holiday Pay, FSA, and a complete EAP for employee support across multiple areas.
Job Type: Full-time