Careers: Communications Services
At Weris Inc., our mission is to empower our clients to make sound strategic and operational decisions through superior analytics and business intelligence, communications, publication development, and logistics support. Our effective strategy for doing that is by hiring top talent.
With a continued goal of keeping all customers pleased with our level of service and commitment to the industry, we offer a progressive approach to working with Weris, Inc. We are further expanding our offerings into the Cambridge, MA, area and are looking to connect qualified professionals to outstanding Communication Services opportunities within transportation logistics. Sample functional specialties within this group include the following:
Communication Strategy Development and Stakeholder Engagement
- Develop research approaches and detailed plans, conduct market research and stakeholder analysis, develop measurable communications goals, strategies, implementation plans and related material, and prototyping potential communications collateral
- Travel to and facilitate meetings, focus groups and workshops designed to gather stakeholder input and inform them about potential communications strategies and outreach activities
- Identify potential meeting participants, create agendas, capture feedback, and coordinate logistics to facilitate discussions and exercises with target audiences
Writing and Editing
- Write and edit original text and text generated by others for print material (reports, journal articles, training manuals, user guides, newsletters and brochures, marketing materials, video and presentation scripts) and web site content
- Primarily use GPO Style Manual but also other recognized style guides
- Have experience with transportation and technical terminology, familiarity with Federal Government terminology, and knowledge of industry best practices for production of written products
- Create graphic art designs and handle production services/desktop publishing for printed material, projected visuals, exhibit and display components, multimedia presentations, and video titling and transitions
- Work within various computer platforms and operating systems
- Use MS Office Suite products, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Quark, Photoshop, Visio
Web Design and Development
- Web design and development services to include Web page/site design for public and password-protected sites, including SharePoint and Coding of web pages
- Understand Government best practices and guidelines to optimize site usability and accessibility when designing web pages (DOT’s DIRMM; Section 508 Compliance; OMB Policies for Federal Agency Public Websites; Research-Based Web Design and Usability Guidelines; and the customers Writing Style Guide, Brand Standards Guide, and Web Style Guides)
Weris is looking to make contingent offers to candidates at varying levels but with more of an immediate need to connect with Senior level professionals having the following credentials:
- Master’s degree in one of the functional specialties AND a minimum of 10 years of experience in a specialty area(s)
- Or Bachelor’s degree in one of the functional specialties AND a minimum of 8 years of experience in a specialty area(s)
- Minimum of 5 years of intensive project management experience in a specialized transportation/logistics area as it relates to Communications work
- Preferred minimum of 4-5 years (out of 8-10 years) of experience must involve project management responsibilities for a large task or several small tasks involving complex transportation/logistics issues
Qualified and interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the subject line.
Weris Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.