Weris, Inc. is a transportation consulting firm located in Sterling, VA. We are now searching for a Software QA Tester to work on a client contract at our headquarters in Sterling, VA.
The Software QA Tester for Weris, Inc. will participate in the software development process in an effort to deliver quality software applications to our customers. Projects will range from small to moderate complexity to validate and verify an application’s functional requirements and identify defects (bugs). Detect software flaws using a “test to break” attitude (e.g. bugs, errors, failures, breakdowns, security vulnerabilities, risks) in order to fix them and ensure the performance of the developed systems.
- Participate in business and functional requirements review sessions to ensure full understanding of the application to verify testability
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases based on business requirements and technical specifications
- Identify data / content / security requirements to ensure all test case scenarios are covered
- Record and document test results and compare to expected results
- Log defects throughout the life of the project
- Perform application regression tests to validate features / functionality after code changes have been introduced
- Participate in system integration testing, documenting and executing required steps/tasks
- Minimum of 2 years of software testing, programming, system administration or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree required. Information Technology degree preferred
- Strong database SQL query skills
- Must have hands-on experience in SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience in highway transportation, especially in traffic management and tolling systems is desired
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools
- Strong systems aptitude in order to utilize multiple computer applications and ability to understand how systems interface
Weris, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Weris offers a complete benefits package including Employer Contributed Health Insurance, 401(K), PTO and Holiday Pay, FSA, and a complete EAP for employee support across multiple areas.
Job Type: Full-time