At Weris, Inc., our mission is to empower our clients to make sound strategic and operational decisions through superior analytics and business intelligence, communications, publication development, and logistics support. Our effective strategy for doing that is by hiring top talent.
We are currently recruiting for qualified policy writer/editor to support a contract in Alexandria, VA.
Job Type: Contract through April 2019 (possible extension)
Hours/Schedule: full-time, 30 – 40 hrs week (onsite, *Apply only if able to work at the Mark Center)
Job Description: This position will work with subject-matter experts on military travel policy to update and revise a travel regulations manual. Project is to edit and rewrite the manual using plain language to ensure the document is clear, concise, and user-friendly.
- Responsible for drafting and rewriting policies in accordance with the Government Printing Office (GPO) style guide, U.S. law and other DoD regulations
- Propose changes to language and structure based on rules of grammar and punctuation, or on DoD policy
- Ensure policy does not violate any existing laws, regulations, or policies and is not contradictory to DoD objectives
- Prepare documents to facilitate government advice to senior leadership based on findings and proposed recommendations
- Identify and recommend changes to existing laws, other regulations, or policies required to simplify DoD travel policy
- Assist in using Government-approved PDF format-capable web publishing software to create a web-based version of the entire revised joint travel regulations
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 5 years of experience in writing and editing for government publications. Helpful if experienced in working with GPO style guide (familiar with the Plain Language Guidelines, DoD regulations, DoD editorial standards, and able to "format" a document using a style pallet)
- Experience in using different publishing software to manage and publish large documents a plus
- Attention to detail and proficiency in written skills are a must
- Must be a team player who can also work independently
- Must be a US Citizen
Weris, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Weris offers a complete benefits package including Employer Contributed Health Insurance, 401(K), PTO and Holiday Pay, FSA, and a complete EAP for employee support across multiple areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract